The Rowaling Valley is one of the seven hidden valleys in the Himalayas, it remains beautifuly unspoilt with unsurpassed scenary,sparsely populated with Sherpa and Tamang villages. Lying just south of Tibetan border,the valley runs east to west and lies just below Mount Gauri Shanker (7145m).The trek has a lot of ascent and descent on the way to Beding and Na, the last sherpa villages of the upper valley, before a crossing of the Tashi lapcha pass (5755m) and down to Thame, the birthplace of Tenzin Norgay who with Sir Edmund Hillary scaled Everest for the first time in 1953. Some way on we enter the Khumbu valley which lies at the foot of Everest.There are some great views of Mt. Gauri Shanker, Mt. Dorje Lakpa and Mt. Tashi Lapcha along the trail. The trek also provides good opportunities for short climbs of peaks like Ramdong Go (5930m) and Pharchamoro (6187m). The journey is strenuous, technical climbing experience along with the right mountaineering equipment are essential.
A. Itinerary in Detail (23 Days)
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu / welcome from airport and transfer to Hotel / introductory program and briefing.
Day 02: City tour in Kathmandu Valley / includes visits to many historical and architectural monuments.
Day 03: Kathmandu – Charikot 1980m, by private car/van and camp
Day 04: Dolakha – Ratmate river side,
Day 05: Ratmate – Pikhuti Bazaar 920m
Day 06: Pikhuti Bazaar – Singati bazaar 950m
Day 07: Singati – Khare 1070m
Day 08: Khare – jagat 1150m
Day 09: Jagat – Simigaon 2036m
Day 10: Simigaon – Dokhang 2791m
Day 11: Daldung La – Beding 3740m
Day 12: Beding – Na 4180m
Day 13: Rest for acclimatization
(Note: Trek back to Kathmandu or continue to Lukla via Tashi Lapcha)
Day 14: Trek from Na to Tso Rolpa Lake (4,588m).
Day 15: Trek from Tso Rolpa to Trakarding Glacier (4800m).
Day 16: Trek from Trakarding Glacier to Tashi Lapcha Base Camp (5,010m).
Day 17: Crossing Tashi Lapcha pass (5755m), trek down to Phedi ( 4800 m).
Day 18: Trek from Phedi ( 4800 m) to Ngole (5,110m).
Day 19: Trek from Ngole (5,110m) to Thame (3,820m).
Day 20: Trek from Thame (3,820m) to Namche Bazaar (3,440m).
Day 21: Trek from Namche to Lukla (2,840m).
Day 22: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 23: As per your flight schedule, transfer to airport for flight to your onward destination
Cost: Please contact us for a quote
(The cost varies with the number of trekkers in the group. Please contact us with the number of trekkers for the exact quote)
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis as per the itinerary
- City tour in Kathmandu with guide by private car
- Entry fees when sightseeing in Kathmandu
- National Park Trekking/Entry Permit
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
- Round trip / internal flights / overland transport / if needed / as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in tented camp during the trek
- Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) a day during the trek
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porter services
- Transportation, accommodation, meal allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staff
- All the official paper work and all the applicable government taxes
- Airport transfers for internal flights
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
- Airport pick-up on arrival and drop-off on departure
- Meals other than breakfast when staying in hotels
- Personal expenses and bar bills
- Clients’ travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
Important Note and Optional Activities
Please note: All the trekking itineraries are flexible and can be revised in order to best meet your requirements i.e. your time, interests etc. Please make contact with us if you have any special requirements or interest.