The Kakani village tour is popular village trek around The Kathmndu Valley at 2073m above sea level. An hours scenic drive north of Kathmandu, Kakani village is an ideal start for this trek, it is a great introduction into the village life of Nepal.Kakani is situated in a pristine area close to the Kathmandu valley, it is ideally suitable for short trekking holidays with family and friends. The trek offers excellent mountain views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himal and the Annapurnas. This trek is an extension of Sundarjal-Nagarkot trek that is undertaken mostly within Nepal’s youngest National Park, The Shivapuri National Park. This is the only national park located in the valley, less than 20 kilometers from the international airport. The park is a famous watershed area that provides the majority of Kathmandu’s drinking water. This particular trek, not only benefits from the superb mountain views, but also offers a good insight into the lifestyles, history, culture, religion and traditions of the different people living near to and within the Kathmandu valley.The final portion of the trek takes us to Nagarkot a popular hill station mentioned before on this section of the web site.
A. Itinerary in Detail (07 Days)
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Welcome from airport / transfer to hotel / introductory program / briefing about the trip.
Day 02: City tour in Kathmandu. visiting many of the important sites of historical and architectural interest.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Kakani to Aale Danda:
Drive to Kakani / situated around 29 km. northwest of Kathmandu / some great views of the Kathmandu Valley to the south / also superb panorama of the Himalayas to the north / walk to Aaledanra along the ridge in the National Park area.
Day 04: Shivapuri to Dhap:
Continue along the ridge between the Shivapuri watershed forest / some great mountain views camp at Dhap.
Day 05: Dhap to Nagarkot:
Walk from Dhap / through dense forest / climb up to Nagarkot / outstanding views Nagarkot Langtang Himalayan ranges / Annapurna Gaurishanker.
Day 06: Early up for sunrise views of the Himalayas / after breakfast drive back to Kathmandu / free day relaxation and shopping..
Day 07: Transfer to airport for onward destination / or continue your tour.
Cost: Please contact us for a quote
(The cost varies with the number of trekkers in the group. Please contact us with the number of trekkers for the exact quote)
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis as per the itinerary
- City tour in Kathmandu with guide by private car
- Entry fees when sightseeing in Kathmandu
- National Park Trekking/Entry Permit
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) registration fee
- Round trip / internal flights / overland transport / if needed / as per the itinerary
- Accommodation in guest houses/lodges during the trek
- Three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) a day during the trek
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide and porter services
- Transportation, accommodation, meal allowance, equipment and insurance for trekking staff
- All the official paper work and all the applicable government taxes
- Airport transfers for internal flights
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
- Airport pick-up on arrival and drop-off on departure
- Meals other than breakfast when staying in hotels
- Personal expenses and bar bills
- Clients’ travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities
Important Note and Optional Activities
Please note: All the trekking itineraries are flexible and can be revised in order to best meet your requirements i.e. your time, interests etc. Please make contact with us if you have any special requirements or interest.